Silent Reverie

A look into the ramblings of an otherwise dull girl.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Deep Breath

Conversing with a lost love is a gift and a curse... I don't want him anymore, but my heart won't let go. He still brings me to tears as I try to reach out to him only to be ignored. One moment, I see a tenderness that I haven't seen in years. The next, it's like I'm talking with his ghost.

What must I do to be rid of this plague that haunts my soul? This beautiful disaster of a man? A relationship so deep, yet residing on the surface...

What am I waiting for?

My current relationship couldn't be better. I'm with a man who would marry me tomorrow if I'd have him... but still my past follows me. It's so unfair to him.

Even now, as I type these words, I'm thinking of Danial. My soul embraced his long ago and refuses to let go. Despite my concerted efforts.

He's trying to move on & acting like he can. But every so often he hints at the love he still holds for me... A true love that will never die.

One day I must move on. Completely. Perhaps the only way to get into the water is by closing your eyes and jumping off the rock. *deep breath* Here goes nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home