Silent Reverie

A look into the ramblings of an otherwise dull girl.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Peace be with you...

Pope John Paul II died today and, though I am not a Catholic, I feel very sad. Despite the fact that I know very little about the man, and despite the fact that I do not share his religion, I have extreme respect and admiration for him. He was truly a man of God and an inspiration to millions of people around the world. His pontificate lasted more than three times longer than any pope who preceeded him, and he exuded peace and love.

I never saw him in person but witnessed a mass on TV in which he spoke what must have been 15 different languages, reaching out to people from all walks of life. If that's not divine inspiration, I don't know what is. The cardinal college now has a truly difficult task ahead of them, as it will be difficult to name a successor to such wonderful and holy man.

Peace be with you John Paul...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home