Silent Reverie

A look into the ramblings of an otherwise dull girl.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Infertility

I was actually planning on sitting down to write about my ex-husband, the love of my life, the bane of my existence... But I got distracted and, as a result, far more depressed.

In amidst the random junk email that I was in the process of deleting, I found one with a title that caught my eye. It had something to do with fertility and, since I've been trying to have a baby for a while now, it got my attention.

To make a long story short, I read that infertility, by definition, is the "inability to conceive after 12 months of regular, unprotected intercourse."

By definition... I'm infertile.

My ex-husband and I had been having regular, unprotected intercourse for almost two years before I became pregnant. That pregnancy lasted a whole of two weeks before I miscarried.
Since then, nada.

My current boyfriend and I have been trying for a little over two years to no avail.

The realization is more than I can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home