Silent Reverie

A look into the ramblings of an otherwise dull girl.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Selfish Bitches

My company is taking up a collection to donate to the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I went around asking my employees if they wanted to contribute.

Some did.

Others said they didn't have any cash but would bring some tomorrow.

One said she didn't have any money at all.

I told her pocket change would help. (One employee gave me eighteen cents.)

The company is going to match whatever the employees come up with so every little bit counts.

She still resisted.

I told her to go home, take the cushions off her couch, dig out the change she could find (no matter if it was only pennies) and bring that to me tomorrow.

She said that change goes to her "honeymoon fund."

How fucking selfish can you be? These people have nothing.

I didn't relent. I made her feel guilty; explained in detail all the stories I had heard on the news.

We'll see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home